ReadSpeaker is a built-in text-to-speech option for used by a variety of companies. At VC, it’s available with some of our Library databases and Cengage’s electronic textbooks in MindTap.
- Go to the VC/UHV Library: https://library.uhv.edu/
- Use OneSearch to search for your topic.
- Look for entries which have the HTML Full Text option
- Use the ReadSpeaker toolbar to listen or download an MP3 file.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose your preferred accent (American, Australian or British), and use the settings/gear icon to change speed.
If you have access to your textbook via MindTap, look for the ReadSpeaker icon in your reading activities. You may adjust the reading speed and voice (male or female).